Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

That's right! Spring is in full bloom... all over my dining room table.
I would say, "it's not what it looks like." But it is. Except the vodka, that was really used in the decorating. Today, my best friend Megan came over and we did a "trial run" on Easter Cupcakes. If you've read my last blogs, you'll know that I've had a slight obsession with making and decorating cupcakes for Easter. Truth is, I couldn't wait another three weeks. I will confess that we used boxed cake mix... and it made me wonder why the hell I go through the trouble of making recipes from scratch. Alas, I will continue to do so. The cupcakes are vanilla and we used my favorite cream cheese buttercream frosting. They were delicious! But, this was more about aesthetics. We made Easter Chicks, Bunny Rabbits, Nests, and a couple of flowers. I think they turned out a-dor-a-ble!


They're almost too cute to eat. Good thing I am surrounded by men who don't mind ;)

PS, I promise to locate my digital camera and start taking pictures with that instead of my Droid. Hey, it's the quality of pictures that stink, not the quality of cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment