Monday, April 4, 2011

Self Loathing and Cake Decorating Sets

Okay, World... I don't know whether to shamelessly brag or hang my head in embarrassment. You see, I'm the proud new owner of Wilton's "Ultimate Decorating Set" - awesome, right? Yep, my boyfriend bought this for my birthday... which is over a month away. To be honest, this move was calculated, but it turned out slightly more caniving than I intended. Martin and I were heading to Petco (which is so conveniently located in the same plaza as Michael's) when I mentioned I had a coupon for 40% off any single regular-priced item.. ::cough:: the decorating set ::cough:: - I had him in the palm of my hand. He crumbled and told me to wait in the car (with his dignity) and he pranced into the arts and crafts store. In the meantime, I called my Dad, who was in St.Pete with my brother, uncle and pseudo-aunt. Now, when I'm not on godforsaken bedrest, my favorite past time is fishing- a hundred miles offshore with lines screaming and fish jumping, covered in blood, sweat, and salt water. Just thinking about it makes me sad. Sad?!! Yes. Sad. Dysautonomia has thoroughly screwed any chance of me being near a boat, more or less on one or out of land's sight. So, when I called my dad and they were offshore with a box full of grouper and more fish on the line, I lost it. I tried SO hard to stifle the tears as I told Dad to have fun and be safe, but the second I hit the "end" button on my cell phone, I broke down. Poor Martin had no clue what was waiting for him when he came out of the store. He wiped my tears, and we headed home.
You see, I've been obsessing over Easter and the idea of cupcakes with little chicks, bunnies, flowers... OH the options! All of which need special tips, bags, colors, et cetera, that are included in this kit! Martin knows this. So, as we got home and I continued feeling sorry for myself, Martin knew just the thing to cheer me up. Yes, I was allowed to open my present a month early. No, I'm not ashamed. It's not like I did this on purpose. Right?

Well, here I am... done feeling sorry for myself and ready to bake.
On Deck: Boston Creme Cupcakes.

I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment